Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Productively unemployed

Someday I'll have a real job, I imagine. At least that's what happens in books I read or movies I watch. A life where the days of the week matter and I become concerned about "quick meal ideas". So for now, while I'm still somehow getting by on odd jobs and living simply and content, I should be making as much clothing as possible. The day will come where I arrive home with aching feet and numbness of mind and spend my evening looking in the opposite direction of my sewing machine so as not to feel creative guilt. Then again, maybe not.

That leads me to the latest items hot off of my Singer Starlet! I should photograph my "new" sewing machine to show you all, she is a beaut. Even has a decal on it of a sunset in rather ominous tones of orange and brown.



Second Hand Fabrics. Size Medium.
 This is a rather sexy tank top in my opinion. (Using the word 'rather' probably takes away from the sexiness huh? I'll work on my lingo.) Could be the slim fit underneath or the flowing pieces of fabric in the front, either way I know for a fact it should be danced in.



Second and First Hand Fabrics. Small/Medium.

Newest dress!
Similar to the last ones. I used cotton for the main part and silk for the center. Yes, plaid silk. I love this combination of colours. A perfect palette for earth and water.













This morning, when I should have been still sleeping, instead I was imagining this next top as a dress. So, that is next to come. The same design as these summer tops but longer and with belts.  I still do very much love this top as it is. It kind of reminds me of a grandmother's throw pillow but there is a loveliness about the crochet design and a slight sheen to the sky blue cotton that makes it quite elegant and pretty and all together very nostalgic.

Second Hand Fabrics. Size Medium/Large.

Prison Mannequin.




















Once again these items are available at The Green Man. The first two are already there and the third is on it's way.

2 comments:

  1. I love the newest pieces!! Especially the shawl shirt. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly, I'm really happy with how that one came together...it's really always a surprise!

    ReplyDelete