Monday, November 8, 2010

The Blog to be

Hi! If you are a new owner of my book then you know what this blog is all about, if not then I'll explain. Stay-Stitched: a workbook, is a sewing workbook I created that guides the user through eleven clothing projects without using a pattern. Instead, you start at the beginning by applying your measurements to fabric, drawing out your pattern pieces, and then cutting them out and sewing them to form a garment. This way you learn fundamental skills that can then be applied to your own creations. Use elements and techniques from different projects along with your own variations to create something entirely new!

There was a lot of trial and error when I attempted to make my own clothing. Not wanting to measure myself or the fabric, iron anything, or do proper seams or hems, I ended up with a lot of sloppy pieces. I now know better and have hopefully taken out some of the guesswork for others. 

Being self sufficient is really important to me and I thoroughly enjoy making anything and everything that gives me a finished usable product, whether I eat it, wear it, or stir soup with it. Making honest clothing based, for the most part, on how people have made clothes throughout history:  simply, using materials easily found, and with infinite potential for variation, is what I believe to be a very valuable skill.

Once this workbook is released my hopes is that this blog becomes a sewing discussion to share problem solving techniques and new ideas. Eventually, I will post a way to order the book online if it's not available to you locally.

No comments:

Post a Comment